Wednesday, December 28, 2022

WIP Wednesday 12.28.2022

I was very surprised and sadden when I read Cathy's post here about the passing of Carol from Giraffe Dreams.  While I never met Carol in person, she was always very helpful when I contacted her. First as a new blogger that was intrigued by her setting of crumb blocks, found here and then as the midwest region point person for Quilts Beyond Borders.


Carol's online charity sewing group, Sunshine Quilters are joining together to make blocks in remembrance of Carol. The block is a 12.5 inch (unfinished) Ohio Star in blue. I decided I wanted to join in even though I am not a member of the Sunshine Quilters.

I made a few Ohio Stars but I quickly remembered that I struggle not only with the creating the hourglass unit but also when sewing it into the blocks. I'm not real sure, I want to send just a few blocks that are a tad on the wonky side...or make enough for a quilt top...or send a finished quilt. I'm unaware of any deadlines and if I send a completed quilt, well...it only matters that is arrives at QBB in Carol's Memory!


Sharing with Susan at MidWeek Makers



1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I'm sorry to hear of that - but how sweet to make blocks./quilts in her honor.
I really like your Red one - that is a cool layout