Friday, April 12, 2024

Finish or NOT Friday 4.12.2024

My finish this week is a flimsy. 

I picked up this QOV from my night guild in March and have been procrastinating quilting it. 

I wasn't certain which color thread to use and my available colors are limited to the colors Permacord thread produces post Covid. I did find in the very back of the thread drawer a cone of gold. Eureka! But is it so old that thread breaks would be a problem? I was also worried about DD's new wheels. The wheels are very responsive compared to the old and I now tend to wander off the panto lines...


pattern: no information given but Friendship stars in the top row. :)
panto: serpentine

Good news: the gold thread quilted just perfect with no shredding or breaks. My control is getting more steady with each quilt I quilt with the new wheels on DD. 

DD ~Dinosaur Diva ~ is my long arm's moniker now. She's a dinosaur at 18 years old and a diva about thread tension.




4 comments:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Nothing like quilting that glides through the machine, especially ones with Diva in their moniker. Congratulations on the finish!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like the gold mixed in with r, w, & b! Glad your DD did her job!

Delighted Hands said...

Great finish and I'm glad you had no issues with your DD! (My long arm is an old girl, too, from 1993!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The stars at the top really draw this together
I am glad your thread worked!!