Sunday, April 14, 2024

This and That 4.14.2024

Last week, I went to my son's new apartment in Bay City, Michigan twice.

The first time, I was waiting for his couch delivery on Monday. After the delivery, I was happy to discover a quilt shop about a mile away. I'm like, for real?! So I went on a little adventure to The Dragonfly Quilt and Yarn Studio.  I was happy to pick up the magazine for the all state Michigan Shop Hop happening in June/July 2024.


On Friday and Saturday there was a quilt show at the Kochville Veteran's Hall. I asked DH if he wanted to go to the show and then visit with our son. We went to the show first. I was so excited that I almost forgot to take pictures. Here are the girls manning the entry as I was leaving.

This is the view that greeted us...such lovely quilts! It was a small intimate setting and I had fun looking at the quilts and talking to the vendors. DH did buy a microwave quilted caddy to give to our son as a housewarming gift.

This is the entrance hallway to the show.

After the show, we went over to our son's and since it was lunch time, I suggested the 'hot dog' place that was closed Monday for lunch on Saturday. It is called Mr. Hot Dog and is a converted older McDonald's. It did NOT disappoint! In fact it was some of the best coleslaw ever.

We then went shopping to buy miscellaneous things for the new apartment and when we got back, the boys put together the outdoor fireplace table unit. Sorry...no pictures. :(

When we arrived home, this little beauty was waiting in the mailbox. A very sweet, fun, quilty day spent with my two guys! only DD and her dog were missing. 


I think I might have to work extra hard this week to make up for my two days of playing hookie this past week. LOL


1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

What a nice time playing hooky though! The new quilt/yarn shop is a convenient stop whenever you visit your son!! The slaw dog sounds delicious!