Wednesday, April 3, 2024

WIP Wednesday 4.3.2024

I'm making progress on a couple of projects. 

I quilted the Purple Plus.

I also made the purple binding for the Purple Plus.

I'm making yellow umbrellas for my kitchen April wall hanging. This will also double as my 'If My Birthday was in April, I would make...' Birthday Bash Challenge. I was able to piece the bottom portion of 8 umbrellas.


pattern: umbrella by Kelli Fannin 
                I saved this on Pinterest but now it's a broken link. 

Upon further search, I discovered Kelli passed away in November 2023 after battling cancer. This is so sad as she designed very cute quilts and quilt blocks. I wished her family would have kept her blog on file so that her quilting legacy would live on.

Sharing today with Susan at MidWeek Makers.


3 comments:

Judy S. said...

Very nice! As I probably said before, our daughter sure would love this one, and her daughter, our youngest grand would, too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That purple is really pretty! I'm sorry to hear about Kelly - I liked her blog, too. I think I may have even followed her on Facebook, and she shared about her cancer. Cute umbrella block!

Delighted Hands said...

I hope you enjoy the building of this block!
The purple plus block quilt is so pretty!