Monday, April 8, 2024

Design Wall Monday 4.8.2023

Happy Solar Eclipse Day! Bell Creek Quilts is in the 99% viewing path but I received a request to go to my son's new apartment and wait for his new furniture delivery! (I wasn't planning on viewing the eclipse...I was going to hide away in the sewing room. LOL)


I did finish my umbrella wall hanging. First picture is on the design wall. Second picture is 'in the wild' aka my kitchen.



pattern: Kelli Fannin's umbrellas...sorry, no link available
panto: vertical serpentine

I also pieced together 6 placemats for my kitchen table.


And while I was piecing umbrellas, I made 4 for the Meals on Wheels program.


I'm going to baste spray the placemats and then quilt on Baby Brother. I'll put in a new needle and wind about 10 bobbins! I already made the binding for my table placemats, so I'll work on the quilting and finishing this week. 

But right now, I am enjoying the new couch!


Sharing today with Judy at Design Wall Monday.



4 comments:

Sara said...

Such cute umbrella projects! They definitely say "Spring!!".

Delighted Hands said...

Bill and I sat outside for an hour to see the Eclipse and didn't see anything to speak of; the brightness maybe dimmed for a degree! lol
The umbrella quilt, the blocks and the place mats are so sweet!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your umbrellas are adorable! I love the blue background and how you quilted the wall-hanging. They'll make great placemats, too!

Barwitzki said...

Your umbrellas are great... I like them.
This makes me want to make a placemat too :-))
Have fun on your new couch
next to your many beautiful fabrics.
A hug from Viola