Monday, July 22, 2024

Design Wall Monday 7.22.2024

I have a few strata and strips leftover from the ScooterDog Cherydale quilt.


pattern: Cherrydale from Villa Rosa Designs
panto: serpentine

So, I put the extras on the design wall.



This week, I'm going to try and tie up some loose ends.

First, I want to make the labels for the Quilts of Valor. I ordered the labels back in February so, it's past time to make them!


Next, I have four Quilts of Valor to quilt down. Two are from Carol/New Hampshire/FB QOV Stars group. This is number 4 out of 5. Notice my old cutting table in the background, it is now my QOV staging area. I try to keep the QOV supplies separated from my own supplies, except the roll of batting belongs to me! The other two are form the Casual Quilter's Quilt Guild.

On Sunday, we took the motorhome out for a drive. It has a new nickname, 'Barn-a-bus'. The kids and I like the nickname. Hubby...not so much! LOL



Sharing today with Judy at Design Wall Monday.



6 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It is so exciting when you can start a new quilt with the leftover blocks and scraps. Looking fabulous , Pat. Love the spiderweb fabric. You have a nice quilting area. Barn-a -bus. Ha! Ha! How cute and clever! I like it. We have a name for our campers too. Have a great week and happy quilting. Hugs.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That spider web print is fun! Do you have enough leftovers for a whole quilt? Or maybe you can make some placemats out of them. Barn-a-bus looks like a fancy rig! Have fun!

Sara said...

Are there adventures planned soon for Barn-a-bus? The quilt using the strips looks like a terrific way to showcase a fun print. And it's always satisfying when we can use the leftovers right away for another project.

Delighted Hands said...

Nice to see you at the quilting frame-I am pushing myself to get going on that front, too. The leftovers will be fun to put to use!

Kate said...

You have a great plan to use up those leftovers. Congrats on all the QOV progress!

Bonnie said...

Leftovers make great second quilts. And, hopefully uses all of the particular fabric. Nice motorhome. I'm sure there is a story behind its new name. Hope you have some fun adventures with it.