Saturday, July 27, 2024

SoScrappy Saturday 7.27.2024

Today is the fourth Saturday of July of the color aqua.

This month's theme for Joy's 2024 Table Scraps is butterflies. Time for my Meals on Wheels place mats.

I'm beginning to think that I take this Table Scraps challenge a little too literally! LOL In any event, off to Pinterest I went to look for butterfly blocks. I've been wanting to do a butterfly block with my crumbs but I haven't quite worked that one out in my mind, yet...

I did settle on this 10 inch block. 

credit: somewhere on Pinterest

I decided to use some of my aqua leftovers and made the blocks.


I added a few simple borders to bring them to 12.5 x 15.5 inches...Livingston County, Michigan Meals on Wheels preferred size...did a little diagonal quilting on Baby (my domestic Brother machine) and added binding in another bit of leftover aqua. This just about clears out my aqua fabric...LOL I do kinda like them but wonder if I would like them better if I snowballed all four corners of the wings??


pattern: see above from Pinterest
quilting: diagonal squibbles on Baby (domestic Brother machine)

Sharing today with SoScrappy Saturday and





8 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Very pretty aqua butterfly place mats!!!

Jenny said...

Perfect aqua butterfly placemats.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a really pretty butterfly block! I bet you could make the wings out of crumb blocks. Meanwhile, these were perfect for your placemats!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Perfect block for these pretty AQUA placemats, Pat!!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Great butterfly pattern!! Thanks for sharing, Pat!!!

Sara said...

The butterfly blocks are very pretty! Thanks for sharing the cutting sizes.

grammajudyb said...

I love them! You could snowball the outer wing tips, but they are great just as they are! :)

Anonymous said...

Must be butterfly migration time Pat - they are flying in pairs! Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing the pattern.
Jane in Australia