Friday, July 26, 2024

Finish or NOT Friday 7.26.2024

I had quite a bit of success with my unofficial 'tidy up' list.

First, I finished the NICU quilt. I used some leftover strata from ScooterDogs quilt (blogged here) and did put some away for a future unknown project. I did have a seam come open during long arming so I added a sweet little heart to cover up my oops.


pattern: rail fence (public domain)
panto: serpentine

Second, I made the QOV labels, sewed them onto the quilts and even added my name to the label. I always put this task off for way too long. It's done now! and I have a nice liitle stash of the labels made so no reason to procrastinate!


Third, I loaded up the QOV's from above and meet Lynn to replenish her stash. I gave her 13 quilts...a baker's dozen. In return, she gave me 7 Casual Quilters' QOV's that need quilting. Some also need backs and binding and all need batting!


Fourth, I already have 2 Casual Quilters' QOV's that only need quilting and I was home early enough to get the first one quilted. I also sewed the binding to the front and will turn it in for someone else to do the hand sewing. I'm not an over-achiever, rather I tend to 'lose things'. If the binding is sewn to the quilt then I won't misplace it! LOL  I snapped the picture BEFORE I sewed the binding on :()




pattern: rail fence in basket weave setting (public domain)
panto: serpentine

Fifth, I worked on my Aqua Butterflies but that is tomorrow's post.

Sharing today with Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday.



4 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Nicely done!!!! The rail fence QOV is very handsome!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Thank you for volunteering to quilt all the QOV for the group!

Judy in Michigan said...

Well done Pat!! You certainly are a treasure to the Michigan QOV. Bless you!! I always loved the old rail fence!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Shew!!! You are keeping busy!! way to go on the finished 13 - what a great bunch of quilts!!