Friday, December 11, 2020

Whoop! Whoop! 12.11.2020

 Not a whole lot happening in the sewing room this week. 😞

I did make progress on some of my Christmas items! 

*Baked cookies and seven layer bars.
*Addressed a few Christmas cards. 
*Shopped (online!) for gifts, but I have more shopping and wrapping to do! 
*Sewed a few gifts this week, too.

I did make two medium Traveling Totes. I used a Christmas print that my MIL had given me many years ago with a wide border. I checked and a bottle of wine will fit into this tote bag. My family canceled our sibling Christmas celebration due to COVID, so now I'm two gift bags ahead. We are hoping summer 2021 will be a safe time to meet up again. I have 5 siblings and numerous nieces, nephews and even great nieces and nephews! We are planning on having a little chat via Zoom on Christmas Eve when we normally get together.





pattern credit: Atkinson Design circa 2010 Groovy Girls Sewing Club

I actually made these totes about 10 years ago to the day! I blogged about the bags here.

Linking up with Sarah at Whoop! Whoop! and Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday

3 comments:

Judy in Michigan said...

Those little totes are the handiest things. Easy to make and the recipient always thinks you spent hours working on it. Great for so many things, not just wine. Good job!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

very cute totes! and yay for being ahead? ha ha! Glad you will all zoom call!

grammajudyb said...

Totes are always a great gift! Like getting 2 gifts in one if they are filled with wine, or homemade jelly or cookies, great idea!