Wednesday, December 2, 2020

WIP Wednesday 12.2.2020

Once I made my flying pinwheel row (blogged here), the sewing of the planks for my quilt went really fast. I simply sewed the 3.5 inch strips of random lengths end to end and cut at approximately 93 inches. I then sewed the rows together. As you might guess, I didn't pay real close attention and let the fabric fall where it may.

Here it is pinned to the design wall.

\

I estimated the number of strips pretty close! All I had leftover was this 3 inch piece of decapitated carolers! There are a few 'things' I might change but overall, I'm pretty happy with it. The best part is that all the fabric is from stash.


pattern credit: flying geese pinwheel block sized to 12.5 inches unfinished,
                         found here.
                        plank sewing...end to end with a straight seam, cut to desired length.

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

No comments: