Monday, January 24, 2022

Design Wall Monday 1.24.2022

Today is more of a prepping and planning day for me.

I dug out my red/blue 2.5 inch strips and also cut a few more. I'm behind three quilts in the Color Block Sew Along with Debby Brown. I like to stick to rwb with the color blocks.


 I also organized the newest batch of QOV's for the Casual Quilter's Guild. I think I need to get a humidifier for the basement as it is really dry down there. The last thing I want to do...is short out the long arm again. Last winter, I shorted out the back display. I was lucky that it is still functioning!


I pulled out my red crumb blocks and made these cute little layered pieces. I decided to use the decorative stitches on Baby to stitch over the top seams like crazy quilting. Any guesses as to what? they will become?


Finally, I pressed some more material. I was thinking about making quilts for my in-laws for Christmas 2022. I also thought if I made the flimsies ahead of time, the quilting would go quickly in November/December. First up will be for my FIL. He's a graduate of Michigan State University, Class of 1962.


That's where I ended my day. 

I put a beef roast in the oven. I'm slowly trying to use 'the food' I purchased for Christmas 2021 that I didn't use...

Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Wow, you really did have a productive day! You accomplished way more that I did, that's for sure.