Monday, January 31, 2022

Design Wall Monday 1.31.2022

I made a few more 16 patch blocks in red and blue.


 I then added a few of the background blocks, changed out one red block and made the star points.

pattern credit: Debby Brown's Woven Star 

This is where I am stuck. I'm trying to figure out if I want to add the sashing and cornerstones or not. Debby's pattern shows cutting triangles for the corners and ends then adding sashing between. Seems like a bit of extra cutting and sewing to me but I'm not well versed in 'on point' settings and the required math involved. 

I think I'll let it percolate for a spell... In the mean time...

I'm linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Letting ideas percolate is a frequent move for me too. Sometimes a project just needs that extra time to firm up a plan. Good beginning however!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a beautiful design! But I agree, sometimes you have let things sit for awhile, and think about what will work best. Enjoy!

Kim said...

From a mathematically challenged gal, I don't envy you calculating the math! You will come up with and idea or two on how to solve what you want to do. This quilt's design is lovely.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I think that I would put it together without sashing so the colors really pop out... I love how this one is coming a long!