Friday, January 14, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 1.14.2022

Oh Boy! I fell off my sewing wagon, big time.

We visited DD on January 8th and 9th to deliver her Christmas presents. She had come down with Covid over the Christmas holiday so she quarantined at her apartment in Milwaukee. I dubbed the trip #Santassleigh... On Monday, I caught up with my Hallmark Channel's movies from the weekend (guilty pleasure here). Tuesday was laundry and grocery day. Wednesday was spent getting the guild batting for the QOV's. The member that had it, is leaving for Alabama for 8 weeks tomorrow. I also met up with the other QOV member that has the unquilted tops/backs and received about 10 of those to work on. Thursday found me battling some stomach 'thing'. I don't think it was the flu as I have been masking up again as Michigan has extremely high number of Covid cases. All I know is that I didn't want to eat or venture too far from the bathroom...TMI! Which brings me to today!

Just as I suspected, creating the back for the Titan the Dog quilt took longer than the top. My plan was this to inset into the backing:


My SIL liked it so I sewed it together. Guess what?! Longer than the quilt top! 

Onto Plan B:


Here it is, inserted in the backing:


I haven't shown my SIL yet but she's pretty mellow. She probably feels about now 'whatever it takes to be done!' I'll be loading it and hopefully quilting soon!

Just a reminder, here is the top:


pattern credit:     There's a Dog on my Quilt by Billie Lauder
                           dog paws found here 
                           dog bones found here

So my Whoop! Whoop! is that I am actively sewing after a little unplanned break!!

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Busy week! Hope you're feeling better. I love the dog quilt - and that's a great backing for it!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Cute doggy quilt! I love the backing too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are crazy weeks!!! I hope you are feeling better now ;-)
Now that dog quilt - ADORABLE!!!! I LOVE that backing!! I know it took so long - but Oh My GOsh - it is just perfect for it!!!