Monday, October 31, 2022

Design Wall Monday 10.31.2022

 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


Over a week ago, I got 'the crud'! I was having a hard time remembering exactly 'when' I felt so sick. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were spent in bed. Thursday I ventured out of bed and actually put slippers on. Friday, I dressed in all my clothes as I needed to give my husband a ride to drop/pick up his SUV from the tire store. I also stopped by the post office to mail a package to my daughter, but could barely concentrate on what the worker was telling me. It also didn't help that English is NOT his first language and I was in a brain fog. I'm still not 'hitting on all cylinders' but I am feeling better!

When I left the sewing room, I was frustrated with the current crumb project. I sewed the blocks end to end in a long chain the set about to cut them with a 60 degree ruler. I decided to alternated with a nice yellowy beige that I had picked up at a garage sale, recently. The construction was not going well. I had seen this pattern also done with:  a. horizontal strips and b. the Tri-Recs ruler.


Here it is, just before slicing the sides to 'even'.


hummmm....not a favorite...

pattern credit: 60 degree triangle ruler

I also decided to move onto my 'Word Quilt'. Two words so far...


pattern credit: McCall's Web Bonus 2017


1 comment:

Kate said...

I hope you are feeling much, much better. Your crumb block project turned out beautifully, even if it was a pain to piece.