Monday, October 17, 2022

Design Wall Monday 10.17.2022

I started another quilt with my multi colored crumbs. This one is going to be a shadow/illusion quilt. I was debating if I wanted the shadows to finish at 1 inch or 1.5 inch...but I knew I wanted 2 inch finished sashings and inner border, so I went with 1 inch finished shadow. Here are the shadows on the blocks. Next will be the sashing strips.


pattern credit: Pinterest search of Shadow/Illusion quilts.
                        *I also made two T-Shirt Shadow quilts (blogged here and here
                        many years ago and my friend LindaJ (she no longer blogs) 
                        helped me through the process.

4 comments:

Carol R. said...

I really like doing shadow blocks. The last one I did was using scrappy string blocks that I added the 'shadows' to.
Have you got snow yet? They're saying we can expect 'some' that won't stay down here in the Lansing area this week.

Bonnie said...

cool idea to make "shadow" blocks. And love to see all those scraps used in blocks.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm always interested in how blocks are constructed, and I've never looked up close at shadow box blocks before. All you need to do is add two sides of sashing and the background squares at the end? That's pretty neat - a great way to use your crumb blocks!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow, those shadows are really neat and really worked. Love black against the colours. Enjoy your stitching now this week.