Friday, October 21, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 10.21.2022

This past week was really productive for me! I am cranking out my multi-colored crumb quilts for my trunk show in November. I did have the feeling once I made the blocks, the quilts would be done rather quickly.

First up is my take on Victoria Findlay Wolfe's Polka Dot Squared. I adjusted her pattern just a smidge to result in a rectangular quilt. I wasn't too sure about the green polka dots, but it works as the background.


pattern credit: Polka Dot Squared by Virginia Findlay Wolfe in '15 Minutes of Play'
panto: serpentine

My next finish is the Crumb Shadow quilt. I was surprised at how quickly this one worked up! I did strip piece the shadows so that helped moving it along.



pattern credit: Pinterest/ Google search shadow/illusion quilt
panto: serpentine

The final finish for the week is the Disappearing 9 Patch. This block is huge! It finishes at 17.5 inches! Bigger blocks = fewer blocks = quicker finish! I thought it needed the inner and outer border to complete the look. This one is about 60 x 80, before quilting.


pattern credit: Traditional D9P and Crumbs in the Corner on Pinterest
panto: serpentine






3 comments:

Paulette said...

Wow, that's a beautiful crumb quilt (both of them, actually). Love the green in it!

viridian said...

I like the shadows one - the illusion works!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You did amazing!!! I love all three of them!!!