Wednesday, October 12, 2022

WIP Wednesday 10.12.2022

A Wonderful Wednesday Welcome from the crumby sewing room!

I have been taken over by the spare parts. I'm not a hostage as I am free to come and go as I please. I was hoping to empty one of the big bins to combine into one...I'm still holding onto a small sliver of hope!


On the other hand, I'm pretty sure my 2.5 inch strip bins are merely fluffed up! I'm positive once I straighten the strips to put it away, I will notice a difference. I have been pulling and pulling long forgotten fabrics to sew into the blocks.


How are the blocks? Happy you asked! I'm zeroing in on my goal (400). My last estimate puts me at about 375. I have another group that I will start sewing tonight after dinner.


I couldn't resist putting the first design up on the wall. This one is inspired by Victoria Findlay Wolfe's Polka Dot Squared in her 15 Minutes of Play book. I have one more row of crumbs to be made for the bottom and a few holes here and there. I should be able to start assembling it tomorrow.


pattern inspiration: Polka Dot Square by Victoria Findlay Wolfe in
                                        15 Minutes of Play


I discovered that I had put quite a few of my novelty prints in my multi colored scrap bins that didn't measure 6.5 inches. So I ironed them up and cut them into 4.5 inch squares. I'm thinking I just might have found a RSC2023 project...Happy Blocks (pattern here)...with frames in the color of the month. I'm thinking I just might have enough squares for a boy and girl quilt!





1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I LOVE IT!!! that preliminary on the design wall is AWESOME!!!!
and your new plan for 23 RSC sounds great!!!