Friday, March 10, 2023

Finish or NOT Friday 3.10.2023

I have a sweet finish today!

This is Quilt Show Attendee Signature Blocks #11! I only have a few stray signature blocks left, not enough for a full quilt. All I have left to do is label the last few to turn in. I may check with the local QOV coordinator to see if she has a few leftovers, too. Or I may take a few blank blocks and ask my guild members to sign some.



pattern: 7.5 inch cut signature blocks alternated with patriotic fabrics
panto: serpentine

I also worked on my current crumb project. Here is the inspiration, I found it on Pinterest here.


To offset the rows, I knew I wanted 1/2 blocks on the ends of alternating rows. I used full blocks in hopes of not cutting off the points.



Well, after I trimmed the extra block units, I did end up cutting a few points close.


I chose to add a little 2.5 inch cut border. I did this so that I would have space for my binding. I sew my bindings on with a 3/8 inch seam. That would surely cut off (or hide!) more points. LOL 

This is the orientation that I constructed this quilt.


I actually prefer this orientation. Unfortunately, a few of the motifs are upside down. <sigh>
It kind of reminds me of Charlie Brown's strip shirt...

Sharing with Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday and


Sarah at Whoop! Whoop!

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

I love the quilting on your QOV quilt!