Wednesday, March 15, 2023

WIP Wednesday 3.15.2023

 It's been a slow stitch here at Bell Creek Quilts so far this week.

Why? you may ask...on Tuesday, our power was off for about 6 hours due to the install of a generator. As long as the generator continues to function properly...I'll have power for heat/ac and the refrigerator! We ordered it last October and had to wait 6 months for the install...

I did load my black/grey square in a square crumb quilt onto the frame.

I was also able to finish the brown/tan square in a square crumb quilt to a flimsy. This will be the next one to quilt once it's sister square in a square quilt comes off the frame.


Tomorrow, I visit the doctor. Seems silly to me that I need to have an office visit then have my blood drawn to make sure my medications are working properly. I will get my blood work communication via email at a later date. I guess I was just used to my old doctor that ordered the blood work prior to the office visit so we had 'something' to discuss. Oh well, new doctor, new procedures... end of rant.

Life goes on...

Sharing today with Susan at MidWeek Makers

4 comments:

Carol R. said...

My dr's office started doing the same thing a few years ago... doing the office visit THEN the bloodwork; seemed silly to me. I started calling the dr's office about a week before each scheduled appointment and asked that the order for bloodwork be sent in so that I could get the test done ahead of my appt... now, they automatically do it. What irks me now is that I might have to sit out in the waiting room for half an hour past my scheduled appointment and knowing that the dr. is only allowed 10 minutes to 'consult' with or treat me.. and I can only be seen for ONE 'condition'.
WhoooBoy! I went off on a tangent there, didn't I? lol Back to quilting... I like both of your crumb quilts.. my mid arm is currently out of action due to a couple of broken parts (and wouldn't you know that Tin Lizzie went out of business and parts are hard to find!) We did find the parts (at least, I'm praying they're the right parts) and my son will install them this weekend so I can get back to 'work'.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

yay for the generator - no more power outages!!!
and your crumb quilt looks amazing - have fun quilting it!

Sherrill said...

I have been considering a generator after the disaster a couple of years ago and the crazy winds a week or two ago that knocked LOTS of power lines down! But I'm afraid I wouldn't know what to do as far as maintaining them. I only have electric here. It was so much easier in the previous neighborhood where all our utilities were underground.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love these blocks and I think the black really sets off the colours. Yes, our doctor always orders the bloodwork before the appointment too. Hope your results are good whichever way this is done, :)