Wednesday, March 29, 2023

WIP Wednesday 3.29.2023

Once all the blocks were on the design wall, it was just a matter of adding the coping strips to the eagle panel then sewing it together. Of course, there was the auditioning of border fabrics. I 'knew' I wanted a red inner border but was unsure if I wanted the darker blue or medium blue as the outer birder.


 In the end, I went with the darker blue outer border.


                I assigned the smallest square as 3.5 inch cut so the blocks is 
                    9.5 inches unfinished

I'm undecided right now 'what' will happen to this 'flimsy'. My FB Quilts of Valor Stars group is having a block and/ or 'flimsy' (unfinished top) drive. You are assigned points depending on 'what you donate' to be entered into a raffle for some really great quilty prizes in April. Or I could quilt it up, donate it locally and enter it into FB QOV Stars Panel Challenge in May/June. One person from the panel challenge will receive a Lisa Sutherland quilt kit. If you never visited Lisa's site, Quiltjubliee.com, she still has a free great patterns for QOV's. If you might be in need of some quilty inspiration!

Sharing with Susan at MidWeek Makers.

No comments: