Monday, March 13, 2023

Design Wall Monday 3.13.2023

I pulled another set of multi colored crumb blocks from the stack. This time I am sewing the blocks into square in a square. I decided to make two color ways.

First is the dark color way...in this case a dark brown from the stash.


 Next, I worked on the lighter color way. This time, it is a beige or tan fabric from the cupboard.


pattern: no formal pattern used. 

                Crumb blocks are cut to 6.5 inches square.

                I simply cut the background at 6 inch blocks, cut once on the diagonal 
                and matched centers. I did trim the blocks so that I had 1/4 inch (or close 
                to it!) by the points. This yielded blocks trimmed (cut) to 9 inches.




1 comment:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I just love string and crumb blocks and I adore how you are setting your blocks. I have been working on some crumb piecing myself. Isn't it so much fun to use up those teeny scraps? Have a great week , Pat.