Wednesday, May 3, 2023

WIP Wednesday 5.3.2023

I took a few baggies of projects with me just in case I had some time to fill while in Milwaukee. One project I took was my orphan blocks from a Bonnie pattern, Bricks and Stepping Stones from a few years back. I blogged about the original Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt here in 2019.


I didn't take enough black and white for the four patches, so I needed to work on this at home. Originally I was going to mix the greens and blues together to make a larger quilt. Once home, I decided to separate out the greens and blues and make two smaller quilts. Here are the greens on the design wall, I need to fill in a few spots.


Here are the spots filled in.


Here is it all sewn together into a flimsy! I really like this quilt, it's seems so happy! Plus I used about 6 orphan blocks...hey, they all count towards the challenge. Which the finished quilt is due at the June meeting.


Next, the blues are on the design wall. Looks like I need to fill in a few spots here, too.


pattern:  Bonnie Hunter Bricks and Stepping Stones





4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your flimsies look very nice. I've made several quilts from that pattern, it's a good one to use. Happy stitching!

Vicki in MN said...

I love how the black and white 4 patches stand out so much in the green quilt. Both quilts will be so pretty.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohh Looking good!!!!
and I like how you split the colors - such cool quilts!

Judy S. said...

Looks like you've been busy! What took you to Milwaukee?