Monday, May 22, 2023

Design Wall Monday 5.22.2023

I'm continuing on my journey of Orphan Blocks. When Anne decided on Orphan Blocks as the 2023 Casual Quilters Challenge 2023 theme, I thought that I was sure I had a few to use. Now that I have dug into my 'orphan block stash', I have more than a few!

When I saw this quilt on Pinterest (again--only a picture and no information), I thought, "I have a few crumby hearts I could use!'.


The red and teal are leftover from RSC2022 and I made the other three. The green and brown are from the crumb parts department and the gold is totally new.


I didn't have a large variety of black and white but I did have yardage. Wonder 'what' project is was for?! I made a few 4 patches using 6.5 inch blocks but then thought they were too big. So I made a few 9 patches using 4.5 inch blocks. I can't decide which one I like better...


Sharing with Judy at Design Wall Monday.

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the heart quilt! What a fun contrast between the colorful hearts and the black/white/gray patches! Yours could work with either the 4 or 9 patches. Which way are you leaning?

Sara said...

The heart quilt is a great design! And actually I like both the 4-patch and the 9-patch blocks. Maybe use big ones on one side of the hearts, and the small ones on the other side.

Jenny said...

I think I prefer the larger 4 patches. But then, it's your quilt, and I think the black, white and coloured hearts are going to look fabulous whichever way you go. It certainly is a great idea.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh I love where yours is going!!!
need some more orphans haha!!

Sharon Kwilter said...

That will be nice. Good luck.