Monday, May 15, 2023

Design Wall Monday 5.15.2023

First up: Happy Belated Mother's Day! to one and all that 'Mother' in any capacity!

It was only DH and I so we went out for lunch and he gave me a wonderful gift. 

Everyone who travels to sew day will appreciate this gift...a 6 plug in compact extension cord with 3 USB plug in's and surge protector and grounded and a flat plug into the wall. Color me HAPPY! He told me that he found it at Lowe's. I just might head over to Lowe's and get him one for Father's Day...

Last Thursday at the QOV Sew Day, I wasn't sure what to work on. So, I took my pile of blue/white leaders and enders and just sewed and sewed and sewed. I was going to leave but then one of the ladies asked me to stay in case she needed help finishing up her binding, so I sewed some more. When I got home, I had ten rows of wonderful scrappy chaos.

Are you ready?! 

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the placement of the blue patches.

I attended a new to me guild last Wednesday...The Howell Melon Patchers. It just happens that the speaker next week will be talking about crumbs and one of the ladies asked me to bring a few crumb quilts to Show and Tell. My response was, "Two suitcases of quilts?" Her response, "No. Two quilts!" So I thought I would put together a quick crumb quilt and donate it after the Show and Tell. It's going to be similar to this one that I blogged about here. Here are the crumbs I pulled out of the parts department. I think this one just might pull me out of my long arming block!

Sharing with Judy at Design Wall Monday.



4 comments:

Sherrill said...

Oooo, I LOVE the blue and white!! What size is it at this point? Good stuff really does happen when you do the leader/ender thing!

Jenny said...

Your blue and white quilt is glorious! Well done indeed.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Loving that Scrappy Goodness!!!! and of course - I love blue and white so it appeals even more!!!
Yay for a plug in thing ( technical term there right?)

Bonnie said...

Your blue and white top stands by itself really well. You don’t even need to move anything around. Great job. Are you going to border it?