Friday, May 26, 2023

Finish or NOT Friday 5.26.2023

My orphans have made friends! 

The red and teal crumb hearts were orphans from one of my RSC2022 projects. I made green, gold and brown friends then added a few 4 patches and 9 patches in black and white and 

Ta-Da! Orphans with New Friends!


pattern inspiration: found on Pinterest but it's a dead link
panto: vertical serpentine


I realized I never showed the finished road trip orphans from last month. I had a stack of orphan green blocks from a long ago quilt and I was going to make a few new friends in green and blue. But in the end, I decided to split the friends up and make one green and one blue quilt in child donation sizes. Here they are side by side.


pattern: Bonnie Hunter free Bricks and Stepping Stones

A close up of the green.


panto: trailing vine

A close up of the blue.


panto: large popcorn

Stay tuned...I still have more orphans to pair up with new friends! <grin>






8 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Fabulous finishes and terrific use of scraps.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your orphans and friends get along very well! I love the way the heart quilt turned out, the Bricks and Stepping Stones, too. I think the heart quilt would be fun to make on purpose!

Anonymous said...

Minecraft is really popular right now so the kids will love your blue and green quilts!

Jenny said...

Love your heart quilt and the bricks and stepping stones is a great design.

Sharon Kwilter said...

All great finishes. Congratulations!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Adorable orphan heart quilt! And I love the Bricks and Stepping Stones quilts too. These will be so nice for the recipients.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love them all!! you are a master of orpahn blocks! ( we must get you an official title)

Nann said...

Your orphans have found such nice new homes! Did you have to constantly check the orientation of the b/w four-patches to be sure they all went the same way?