Friday, May 5, 2023

Finish or NOT Friday 5.5.2023

Slowly but surely, I am moving a few of my projects along. 

First up is the blue Bricks and Stepping Stones. I have sewn it into a flimsy and it has gone into the queue for quilting.

pattern: Bricks and Stepping Stones by Bonnie Hunter

My second project bag from my trip to Milwaukee had my lender/enders red/white patches and blue star sashing strips. I have seen this quilt around the web but most recently saw it on Jenny's Romany Quilting blog.  Jenny calls it her 'Checkerboard Quilt' and I do believe it was one of her RSC2020 project, found here.


I didn't get all the blue stars sash sewn to the blocks in Milwaukee, so I had a few to do here at Bell Creek Quilts. Looks like I didn't take any in process pictures but this is as many as I could fit on my design wall.

After I sewn the 8 x8 rows together, I was able to add the last two rows this afternoon. This one will also move into the quilting queue once I make a backing for it.


pattern credit: Jenny's Checkerboard Quilt

Sharing with Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday and


Sarah at Whoop! Whoop!



5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love that checkerboard design! Amazing how the change in sashing makes almost a different design from Jenny's quilt to yours. I love yours in R, W, and B!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Beautiful red white and blue checkerboard, very striking! I love how we all borrow and learn from each other. Great job on the Bricks and Stepping Stones, too!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I love your scrappy design. It really looks so adaptable and fun. I appreciate the two different color schemes to show us the possibilities. Thanks so much for sharing.

Judy S. said...

You sure have been busy! Love all of your projects, too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your blue is so pretty!!
and the checkerboard - oh wow!!! I love that!!!