Friday, May 19, 2023

Finish or NOT Friday 5.19.2023

I was worried about opening the new to me pack of needles for the long arm and having major problems...I think that is why I have been ignoring my growing number of tops to quilt. But I am happy to say that I did indeed open the new to me pack and after a little fiddling...all seems to be in working order on the long arm! 

SO...I have two finishes!

First up: The Rainbow Crumb quilt. This was actually 'due' at my new guild Show and Tell. There was a Crumb Quilt Lecture by another member and I was asked to bring a few examples of my crumb quilts. I picked up a few of their pre-printed labels and will donate this one once labeled.


pattern: Rainbow Crumbs. Pinterest or Google Search 'crumb quilts' and many
                  tutorials pop up.

panto: horizontal serpentine

My second finish it the Grape Basket Quilt. This was made from 10 orphan blocks I picked up at one of the guilds in Wisconsin. I made two more Grape Basket blocks using the older blocks as a model. I set them on point and added borders and 

Ta--Da!



pattern: Grape Basket is as near as I can figure this one out!

panto: plumage



5 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay for happy needles!!!
and Yay for the two awesome quilts!!!

grammajudyb said...

Well done! Both fabulous!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Two beautiful finishes with two completely different looks! Love them both!

Jenny said...

Lovely quilts and beautiful quilting!

Cathy said...

I'm not sure what that basket block is but I sure like it and your finish. I have a Grape Basket UFO and I used the Grape Basket block found in Ladies' Art Co. Block Tool.

https://saneandcrazy.blogspot.com/2022/05/grape-baskets.html