Saturday, May 20, 2023

SoScrappy Saturday 5.20.2023

Today is the third Saturday of May of the color orange! Orange just happens to be one of my lesser used colors in quilting. I tend to buy orange when needed and not many scraps survive.


photo curtesy of Sylvia, found here.

Time for my Northwinds block.  I found this print in the stash but to me, it looks more reddish than orange. Maybe I'll keep my eyes peeled for a good chunk of orange for a low price...one can hope, right?!


pattern: Northwinds block


8 comments:

Sara said...

It has been interesting this month as so many of us do not use much orange, except for during RSC months. I didn't have much orange to choose from either. The Northwinds block does look good, no matter what color it wants to be.

Helenchaffin said...

When Joann's has fat quarters on sale 10 for 10 I stick up on orange because it's a color I don't buy lol luv your blocks

Sharon Kwilter said...

Orange was never my color either, but then I got a friend who was wild about it and then it started creeping into my quilts. It has definitely grown on me.

Ivani said...

That is my problem almost nothing orange into the scraps bin. Yoy made lovely blocks.

Astrid said...

Love your Northwind block. I don't have much orange either. It has never been a favorite color. Remember the 70's when orange and brown were popular?

Anonymous said...

I love orange and it makes it into many of my quilts. I like the block you made this week. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Orange can veer toward red on one end, and toward peach on the other! Whichever way your fabric goes, it made a beautiful Northwinds block!

Susie H said...

I chuckle every time I've read one of my fellow bloggers say they either don't care for the color orange and/or they don't have much in their stash. I happen to love orange so I guess I'm an oddball. Lol! Your block does have a lot of red-tone but hey! It's your quilt and you used scraps. I declare it a win-win! Have a great week!