Wednesday, May 31, 2023

WIP Wednesday 5.31.2023

The Mary's Rectangles and Breezy Windmills are filling in nicely. I'm actually kinda liking the mix of the two blocks. It's a good way to use both sets of orphan blocks. It helps that it's the rainbow color palette as the look of the blocks are very similar. 

I changed a few blocks around and made a few more in different color ways.

I thought I was done piecing this quilt top. It's about 48 x 62 but...

it started whispering. Borders, borders, borders. So, I added a few borders. It's about 60 x 78 before quilting. The border is actually a leaf print but it just looks like multi-colored ovals.


pattern credit: Mary's Rectangles and although I didn't use this tutorial,
                            MSQC Breezy Windmills


Sharing today with Susan at MidWeek Makers




4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Well, look at that - so pretty! I really like that border print, too. It's perfect for a rainbow of blocks!

Jenny said...

Very pretty, and the border fabric certainly suits the quilt top. What are those pretty blue flowers on your header?

Bonnie said...

Great idea to use two different blocks. I've got at least one set of RSC blocks hanging around here. Maybe I will be inspired by this quilt to start planning a quilt with them! Or not. Lovely quilt.

Delighted Hands said...

The border fabric really sets the blocks off perfectly! I like the mixing of the windmills with the rectangles! Nicely done!