Monday, June 12, 2023

Design Wall Monday 6.12.2023

Remember inn April when I went to my hockey friends' baby shower and made her this Mickey and Minnie Mouse quilt since the new parents love all things Disney?

The baby's due date was June 10, 2023 and I wanted to make an ISPY quilt for tummy time, thinking I had a little bit of time to make it. Well, Baby D decided to arrive 6 weeks early! Yes, he arrived 4 days after his shower and I am finally starting his ISPY quilt.

I've been wanting to make Pat Sloan's Oh My Stars for awhile now. and then I saw this quilt on Pinterest (of course, I troll Pinterest A.LOT!) and it just clicked in my brain. I had already purchased the black and gray for a different setting, so I just went ahead and used the fabric I had.


Sharing with Judy at Design Wall Monday.



4 comments:

Jenny said...

I think the baby was in a hurry to meet up with Micky and Minnie!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh my Stars is a pretty design - perfect for an I Spy with some stars scattered here and there!

Delighted Hands said...

No hurry on the quilt.....!
This is going to be much appreciated by baby and mom!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The Mickey on is SOOOO cute!
and what a great idea to make a tummy time quilt!!