Monday, June 19, 2023

Design Wall Monday 6.19.2023

So, I did a 'thing'.

I'm pretty sure that I inadvertently promised a few compassion quilts for the hospice not too far from me. I was looking for a place to donate a few larger quilts and when I corresponded with the contact person, I was told that they are looking for twin size quilts that are NOT gender specific. Ummm....so much for those floral and pink UFO's I have been finishing up.

So I started a new quilt in reds and grays, careful to limit the floral patterns in the fabrics. I wanted a quick and easy one. My choice is Lightening Fast Jelly Roll by Primitive Gatherings. The first 5 blocks went together pretty quickly.


Then the next set. 


Now I am stalled. This is my supply of red. I need 6 more blocks. Do I buy more red or repeat the reds I already have used? That its the question...

pattern: Primitive Gathering's Lightening Fast Jelly Roll

Sharing with Judy at Design Wall Monday


I did make one of these quilts before as a Quilt of Valor in 2015, I blogged about it here. This quilt was based on Mary's Chevron Rail Fence.


6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The chevron rail fence is a neat design! Perfect for your reds with the gray. I hope you can dig out enough to make the rest of the blocks you need!

Jenny said...

Mmm, buy more reds or not? Guess if you have used up all you have you really do need some more.
That looks a nice easy pattern, I like it.

Delighted Hands said...

Yup, you've hit one of those designers pitfalls. Hope you figure it out soon! It is looking good so far!

HeartStrings Quilt Project said...

I love donating quilts to hospice. They’re a comfort to people in their last few months and a comfort to their families when they’re gone.

Judy S. said...

That will be a well loved quilt! It's so nice that you donate to hospice.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You did a thing haha!!! you get yourself into all sorts of trouble!!
Would you have Browns or Blues that you could use in place of the reds? Or even Purples???