Friday, June 16, 2023

Finish or NOT Friday 6.16.2023

This was a productive week in the sewing room!

First up is that I finished Baby D's ISPY quilt. It is currently waiting on a label then I can pack it up and mail it... I like to wait until after the baby is born so I can incorporate the baby's initials into the backing.


 


pattern inspiration: Oh My Stars from Oat Sloan and the quilt from Pinterest
                                    (another dead link)


                        the alphabet is a combination of drunkard's path blocks turned 
                                this way and that.
panto: happy times

I also completed the child's quilt for the Howell Melon Patchers. I followed the directions I was given and I think there was a mistake, This quilt finishes at about 35 x 54. I tried to turn it in but 'they' collect quilts in the fourth Wednesday of the month and it also needs a label.


pattern inspiration: Me and My Sister Jelly Roll #4
panto: vertical serpentine

I also found a quilt in the 'Time Out' pile and quilted it up. I blogged about the trial and tribulations of this quilt here. Hop on over to find out all about 'it'...or NOT. LOL




pattern inspiration: found here
panto: serpentine





7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Trial, tribulation, or triumph?! I vote for the last one. Pretty finishes, Pat! I love the I Spy quilt especially!

Cathy said...

Productive is right!
Cute I Spy quilt. I like how the stars go out into the border. I would never think of using drunkard path blocks for initials. Clever! And as for errors in patterns...I think there's been some type of error in the last several patterns I tried to follow so I'm not so keen to use patterns all that much. And definitely TRIUMPH!

Jenny said...

The patriotic quilt is amazing with wonderful borders. And I rather like the staggered blocks in the blue quilt, looks easy to do and very effective.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Stunning quilts! I’m drawn to the eagle quilt and the blue one.

Judy in Michigan said...

Great finishes, Pat! The eagle panel quilt is awesome. So striking!! Many successful finishes.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You had an amazing week! I love all three of those!!
that QOV is just Stunning!!!

Delighted Hands said...

I sure appreciate the inspiration for the eagle panel quilts--I was given one that needs to become a quilt!