Monday, June 26, 2023

Design Wall Monday 6.26.2023

 I've had this panel in my stash for what seems like forever! I finally decided to pull it out of the closet and use it...

This is still available for purchase and I was thinking about getting another yard so that I wouldn't have so many repeats but then I thought, 'Let's just use it'. I also decided to make these panel blocks into shadow boxes. One of my first blogger friends shared how to make the shadow boxes a long time ago and I still remember and use her technique. Thank you LindaJ!


pattern: LindaJ and/or check Google and/or Pinterest for 'Shadow Quilts' or
                    'Illusion Quilt'



A quick question for my quilty friends: I am in charge of the 2024 Quilt Challenge for my guild. Which one of the following choices would you be most likely to participant in...you may make any quilty item you want...quilt, table runner, purse or bag, placemat, pincushion or ????

1. use 2.5 inch strips
2. crayon color challenge....receive two crayon colors and use those colors
3. use crumb blocks
4. finish an UFO but 2023 was orphan block challenge

or

maybe provide a QOV panel and have everyone make a QOV.

Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated!

5 comments:

quilting buddy said...

QOV panel challenge...if you do a team challenge. The advantages are many. It is a good cause, team members get to know and work together,
promotes creativity, etc. Disadvantage... the cost of panels.

Oconomowoc Guild's panel challenge was amazing this year.

Delighted Hands said...

I think the QOV panel quilt would be a great idea!!!!
Nice to give your old panel new life--the shadow box is a nice touch!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I agree with the others about the QOV panel, but the 2.5” strips would be my second choice.

Judy S. said...

Great idea!

Sherrill said...

Yes, the QOV thing--we've discussed them a time or two. Still haven't done anything here. And I LOVE your header, so pretty!