Friday, May 31, 2024

Finish or NOT Friday 5.31.2024

I'll take the 'NOT' today. I did manage to move my 'Birthday Bash Challenge' along to the flimsy stage. I'll be working on quilting and binding next week. I wish that I would have kept all the similar blocks together than re-arrange once all the blocks were made. I did get confused and a few of the blocks are upside down so the triangles are mismatched here and there. I do tend to 'learn something new' with every quilt. Or perhaps, I am simply reminded of 'things' I should have remembered! LOL


pattern inspiration: Mary's Wonky Rails
                                    modification: stacked 5 fabrics and made 5 slices
                                Bats from AllPeopleQuilt's Trick-and-Treats



and

A Very Happy 25th Birthday to my daughter! Her birthday request was to go to the Art Museum! It was actually less expensive to buy her a year Student Membership than for all three of us to enter into the museum. Now she can enjoy the art at her leisure. She also took us to University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee campus where she just finished her first year of graduate school in Sociology!


This art work is made up of plates and other kitchen pieces! My daughter moonlighting in the kitchen for extra $$.



3 comments:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The topsy turvy feel of the triangles, intentional or not, add to joie de vivre, childhood delight in fright night appeal of the quilt.

What a great gift to wish for and receive.

Delighted Hands said...

Good job on the top you finished. The day looks like fun with your daughter for her birthday!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Halloween quilt is so fun, Pat! I love all the neat prints, and the bats are perfect with them. Happy Birthday to your girl - it looks like you had a fun day with her, too!