Wednesday, May 22, 2024

WIP Wednesday 5.22.2024

Just as I thought, the two Fabric Cafe patterns went together quickly.

I'm calling this one, 'Dash: No Sash' as I made a few extra blocks. Enough for an extra row and the sash would have made it too long. (even for me! LOL)


 

pattern inspiration: Dash from Easy Peasy Fabric Cafe book but without the sashing.

The second one is Button Box. I don't remember if I made any alterations on this one. 😁 If I did, I would make another row of squares and then add a little bit smaller border.


pattern: Button Box from Fabric Cafe's book, Quilts in a Jiffy.

As Memorial Day is approaching, I wanted to refresh (or remake) my flag wall hanging. Then I saw this one on Pinterest.


And remembered last year, my Quilting Buddy and I spent a very pleasant day cutting tumblers on her AccuQuilt Cutter. We cut lots of 6 inch tumblers and the scraps, she sent back through with the smaller tumbler! Here is what some of the smaller tumblers look like on the design wall.

Unfortunately, I didn't have enugh of the light to make a border and Quilting Buddy lives 6 hours away. So out came the manila folder, ruler and a small tumbler.

I made myself a template! This is looking good!


I sewed it together in columns because of the orientation of the tumblers.




I added a border to the sides and ta-da!


pattern: Image found on Pinterest but no information.

Sharing today with Susan at MidWeek Makers.



4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Nice work! I love the first one, and the others are very pretty also.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like those alternate blocks in the Button Box quilt design - or maybe they are the main block - with the small squares offset from each other. Your tumbler flag quilt top is a beauty, too. You've gotten a lot accomplished this week!

Delighted Hands said...

The new quilt tops are SO PReTTY!!!! Nice job on them!
The r/w/b wall hanging is very timely!

cityquilter grace said...

love the dash no sash and the patriotic tumblers...very patriotic!