Wednesday, May 8, 2024

WIP Wednesday 5.8.2024

I am continuing to work on my Pineapple Blossom quilt. It is due at MelonHeads in June sometime, so I'm still ahead on this one! Looks like I need to make a few more blocks...


 After a little while, all the blocks were made!


I wondered what it would look like in a Field and Furrows set, so I twisted and turned a few of the blocks. I really like this setting.


In the end, I went with the Pineapple Blossoms setting and a darker border. This setting mimics the one that I did with the blue eagle panel, blogged here.


                    using 4.5 inch light squares and 2.5 inch strips

Sharing today with Susan at MidWeek Makers.


4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like that Pineapple Blossoms setting! The dark blue border is a nice frame for the design, too. Is that one of Bonnie's free patterns?

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

The star setting is so beautiful!!! What a great quilt! BTW, what are the Melonheads?

Delighted Hands said...

What a stunning quilt! I like to play with the settings, too! Great arrangement!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Gorgeous! This is a striking quilt.