Friday, September 9, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 9.9.2022

 I'll take the "NOT" Finish...

Last week, DD quit her job abruptly and announced that she and her dog were going to the in-laws cottage for Labor Day and would I meet her there! YES! So I spent 5 days at the cottage with no sewing! Then she asks, 'May I come and visit at the 'Bungalow'?' YES! 2 days later she was on her way back to the 414 to sort out her future! 💜 I spent my time with her and NOT in the sewing room.

When I went back to the sewing room, I made a few more stars for the baby/infant quilt and added the neutral strips.


hummm....something wasn't connecting for me so I added a border. Better...

I pulled out my red background star parts along with blue and neutral strips. I like this one better. I think the plain (not pieced) strips are a more cohesive and less confusing look.

Here they are side by side.


pattern inspiration: Scrap strips and stars

1 comment:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are two fun little quilts! Hope DD is doing well - lots of times that first job just isn't what the kids have envisioned. She'll figure it out, though. I bet you had a good time hanging out with her!