Friday, September 16, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 9.16.2022

My topsy-turvy week continues but I think I am close to being back on my schedule.

Here is the draw of fabrics for my next project. I am going to foundation piece string blocks then alternate with eagle squares. I had brought fabric that is too thin to piece into my quilts so...foundation piecing. I'm using the cream with dots as the centers cut at 2.0 inches then the red and blue on either side. I pulled a drawer of each color that are already cut at 2.5 inches.

Here are the blocks on the design wall, that fit! LOL


I sewed and sewed and sewed today. Hot off the sewing machine, the finished flimsy!


pattern inspiration: Mary's String block

                                    *I cut my foundations at 10 inch square and trim to 9.5
                                        inches
                                    *center strip cut at 2 inches
                                    *red/blue strings cut at 2.5 inches

Linking up with Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday

3 comments:

Judy in Michigan said...

Good job - I love string sewing. Your quilt is stunning and thanks for the clues at the end regarding widths.

Bonnie said...

Wonderful setting. So fabric foundations that get left in. I tend to use paper (old phone book) foundations. Which means I can’t get 10” blocks. I’m taking a big bag of strings and some foundations to my upcoming retreat. I’ll be able to work even if I run out of other projects. I do like the center strip being the same color. Nice top.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohh hI love topsy Turvy!!!!!