Wednesday, September 21, 2022

WIP Wednesday 9.21.2022

When I went to add the borders to the 'Crossing Path' quilt, I discovered that I didn't have enough of the leaves or burgundy to sew what I wanted. So, I improvised and used the fabrics together. Here is the resulting quilt flimsy. I like it but at 50 x 70 (approximately) it is on the small side. It will shrink up a little bit with the quilting but will be an okay size for a little one.

pattern credit: MSQC Crossing Paths

My eagles and strings had a turn on the long arm. 

I have finishes in my sight this week!


pattern credit: foundation pieced strings...
                            foundation cut at 10 inches square then trimmed to 9.5 inches
                                            square after piecing
                            center strip cut at 2.0 inches
                            red strips cut at 2.5 inches
                            blue strips cut at 2.5 inches
                            alternate square cut at 9.5 x 9.5 inches

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers
 

1 comment:

Rebecca Grace said...

I LOVE your solution for the Crossings border! It looks so intentional, and adds so much more to the quilt than plain borders in just one fabric or the other could have done. Congratulations on a brilliant finish and Happy Fall!