Friday, September 23, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday! 9.23.2022

I have not one but two (!) finishes to share today.

First up: My Eagles and Strings. I made this to use as an example of foundation piecing. I remembered that I don't like foundation piecing but this really wasn't so bad. I think that I alternated the strings with plain blocks and then pressed away from the strings...really helped me. I remember that pressing open the string seam was always a struggle.



pattern credit: foundation pieced strings
panto credit: serpentine

My second finish is Crossing Paths...except mine is in Streak of Lightening set. The leaves and pumpkin fabrics were originally brought to make placemats for our local Meals on Wheels. One of our guild members is an angel and made 150 fall/winter placemats! before I could make my donation. I didn't want the fabric to hang around for a whole year, so I made a quilt for the Red Cross Kids is Crisis pantry. I decided to make Crossing Path simply because I started sewing on National Jelly Roll Sewing Day and wanted to use 2.5 inch strips. Plus this pattern is pretty quick and easy!



pattern credit: MSQC Crossing Paths
panto: serpentine

Let's give a big warm blog Welcome Back to Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict after her hiatus! WELCOME BACK SARAH!

Linking up with Alycia at Finish or NOT Friday and
                           
                           Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Two beautiful finishes, Pat! I really like how you alternated the string blocks with the eagle fabric, and also have the red string sections pointing toward each other and then the blues. Is the Crossing Path quilt made with strips and tubes, like a Trip Around the World? Those are fun to make!

grammajudyb said...

I really really like Eagles and Strings. It's very striking. Well done. And your Crossing Path quilt is so pretty. Fall colors are favs of mine.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very lovely!!!!! Love the strings - that is a fun setting you did!!!