Friday, September 2, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 9.2.2022

 Whoop! Whoop! I have a few finishes today!

First up: my Alternate Square ISPY. I couldn't find a fabric that I liked with this green so, I made a simple quilt of alternating squares. Simple yet it allows the novelties to shine.



pattern credit: alternating squares
panto: large scribbles

Second one: My take on the Warm Wishes pattern. I do modify the pattern by cutting all strips at 2.5 inches, strip piecing and then I subcut at 6.5 inches to speed things along. 



pattern inspiration: Warm Wishes
panto: serpentine

I was making these ISPY quilts to go into the Red Cross Pantry from my guild for children in crisis. After I pieced the Warm Wishes, I saw a FB post that the guild needed 30 baby/infant quilts for an event on October 1, 2022. So I divided up the next ISPY into two. I already had all the four patches made - with a few leftover - and ta-da! These quilts finish at about 42 inches square. Last night on FB, the post said no bigger than 40 inches square! Back to the drawing board. I'm sure, these quilts will go into the Child in Crisis pantry but yet, doesn't add to the count for the October 1 event. I hardly made a dent into my novelty square bin!!

Third and fourth ISPY with four patches.




pattern: simple 4 patches cut at 3.5 inches, strip pieced and subcut at 3.5 inches 
                then sewn into four patches
panto: serpentine

4 comments:

Marly said...

You have been busy. I like how you quilted your "warm wishes". Thanks for the piecing tips.

Vicki in MN said...

I rather like the simple versions of the I Spy, they would be great for donation quilts.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are so pretty with the different greens! I'm so sorry you went to all the trouble of making the 42 inch quilts, and then they said 40 instead. Someone's going to love those extra inches! They're very sweet quilts!

quiltingbydawn said...

Your I Spy quilts are fabulous! They all look great and will be appreciated! My grandson loves his I Spy quilt!