Wednesday, August 31, 2022

WIP Wednesday 8.31.2022

I'm continuing making the ISPY quilts from my novelty bin.

Here is the green alternate square top all together and ready for quilting.


 pattern credit: alternate squares?? It really deserves a better name!

The next one is my take on the Warm Wishes pattern. It's together and awaiting quilting.


pattern inspiration: Warm Wishes, found here

My variation is that I cut all the strips at 2.5 inches. Sew the three strips together and sub-cut into 6.5 inch squares. After I sewed this one together, I saw a FB post requesting 30 baby/infant quilts for an event on October 1. I did ask the size and the leader is making quilts at about 32 x 32 for this event. These two are closer to 55 x 72 so going forward, I am going to make the ISPY quilts smaller. 

The question is: will smaller be quicker?

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are fun I Spy quilts, Pat! I really like the Warm Wishes design - I'll have to remember that one. I bet for you the smaller size quilts would finish up really fast!

Debra said...

Yes..smaller will be quicker! 😂 Ha.
Nice I spy too.

Susan said...

I Spy quilts are always so fun!