Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Design Wall Monday on a Tuesday! 8.16.2022

Last week, I caved and started a patriotic Steppers quilt! I was so excited to work on it that I forgot to take a picture of the intial fabric pull. Doh! I have a bin of 3.5 inch cut strips so I dug into that and pulled out the blue and red ones. i decided to sew all the reds together and all the blues together and use white as the accent.


In a jiffy I had all the blocks made...this step went really fast!


pattern credit: Alycia's Steppers

On Sunday, this happened...again. DD is on the move. This time out of her downtown Milwaukee apartment to one in the suburbs. She is leaving a studio apartment and moved into a 2 bedroom upper in a house. This is the return of the trailer Monday afternoon.

DD took me to her downtown coffee shop, where dogs are welcomed and even get a 'pup cup of whipping cream'.


We drove through downtown Chicago on our way back to Michigan. There was a wreck on the by-pass that would have added an hour to our drive. Thank goodness for maps and our I phone information technology.


Today I headed over to downtown Grand Rapids for the AQS Quilt Show QOV Booth. In the last 36 hours, I have been in downtown Milwaukee, driven through downtown Chicago and staying in downtown Grand Rapids. Here's the view of the river from my room. I guess, when it rains...it pours as I have hardly BEEN anywhere this year! Guess I making up for it this week!


and not to disappoint, here is my booth. I was told to bring a couple of rwb quilts but have found out others are bringing some, too. I made a few of the 2022 QOV Floating Churn dashes for decorations but think they will come down. They are up a little haphazardly. This will be my daytime home for the next few days.


Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday

1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You broke down and gave in to the quilt!!! GO you!!
Have fun moving DD - hope she loves her new place!