Wednesday, August 24, 2022

WIP Wednesday 8.24.2022

In the end, I decided while the floating churn dashes were on the design wall to go ahead and sew them into a flimsy. Here they are all pre-sashed and ready to sew together. I sashed with my go-to medium blue, which I always seem to have in the stash.

I went with a darker blue/white star outer border simply because I thought I had enough for the outer border, cornerstones and binding. Emphasis on thought! I was a little short and the second piece had just a little color variation to it. I moved a few of the churn dashes around and wished I would have moved a few others but overall, I like it. Plus, I'm using the stash!

pattern credit: QOV 2022 Floating Churn Dash

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The churn dashes are pretty with that medium blue sashing! Are the cornerstones the same fabric as the border? Everything looks like it was meant to be!

Michelle said...

What a fun, lovely flimsy! Such a cheerful top.

Judy S. said...

Love it! Your quilts are always amazing. BTW, thanks for posting on my blog!

Susan said...

It looks great! The border is perfect for these blocks