Sunday, August 21, 2022

It's a Wrap 8.21.2022

Saturday was the final day of the AQS QuiltWeek Grand Rapids 2022.  It was a fun vacation for me volunteering for the QOV Booth at a National Show so close to home!

Our Michigan QOV Coordinator, Lynn was able to locate 3 veterans who are both able and willing to accept a QOV. This was the first award ceremony that I have attended! It was very emotionally moving...
Here is Lynn on the right and the three veterans who received the awarded qulits.

I had put together a set of 60 signature blocks in a hurry and the result was that they are not the correct size. Doh! So since they all need trimming to square, they are coming home with me to square up and be put into quilts. I snagged a few more signature blocks and will make two quilts with the pattern Lynn has requested.

As a 'Thank You' for working the booth all week, Lynn gave me and my booth-partner some $ and told us to go buy something for future QOV's. I choose two panels and two charm packs. I like to make D9P and thought the charms would work for that pattern. I didn't even open the panels yet.

I must have stopped by the Villa Rosa Design about 5 times and each time I brought more. I kept going back to find every pattern Pat had that had ideas for panels. That's why I went back and brought more panels right before the show closed! Pat said I deserved the award for the most repeat customer!! LOL 

I was most excited to visit the Villa Rosa Design booth at the show.


I have a tradition to buy a shirt at shows I have attended. I didn't buy the purple AQS QuiltWeek Grand Rapids shirt before they sold out but I did buy a fun generic shirt. I'll be wearing it on my ride home today.

My last wrap up is that I finished the sewing back of the binding on the 4th and last! quilt I took with me! I present the Bonded Pair on the hotel room curtain.





quilting: serpentine

Have a great Sunday!

3 comments:

Carol R. said...

Well, darn... I wish I had known you were going to be at the AQS show in GR.. I was there on Thurs. and would have made a point of stopping by and introducing myself. Always fun to meet 'kindred spirits' especially when they're a fellow Michigander :).

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

How fun to work the booth and get to shop!!!
I am so glad you got to attend a presentation!! so wonderful!

Sandy Panagos said...

What a wonderful post. Don't you wish every single veteran could receive a QOV? What a worthy project. Looks like you're going to be having some fun with your panels.