Friday, August 19, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 8.19.2022

I'm keeping to my schedule that I wanted to do here at the AQS Grand Rapids 2022. During the day, I work and shop at the show and then after supper, I come back to my room and have been working on sewing back bindings. This is hand work that I have not done in a very long time. It took me a little bit to get back into the rhythm. It also didn't help that I forgot yo bring enough thread to finish the quilts! But then, I had a whole show to look for appropriate thread. I've shown all quilts before but now all that is left to do is the label.

In no particular order, quilt 1:

Flags for Sue




panto credit: serpentine

Quilt 2: Steppers



pattern credit: Alycia's Steppers

panto credit: serpentine

Quilt 3: Mt. Rushmore Eagles



pattern credit:    *modified nine patch or
                               Quilting Assistant Mock Trip Around the World
                           *Creative Grids Strippy Star

panto credit: serpentine

I needed to improvise and hung the quilts on the curtain in my hotel room. I have one more day of the show, then tear down and one more quilt to bind! Soon my vacation will be over!

4 comments:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Do I detect a favorite theme and color scheme? :) I love the quilting pattern you chose for Flags for Sue. Gives the flags a sense of blowing in the wind.

Vicki in MN said...

How fun to actually attend a quilt show again-I hope it is doing well. I am amazed you are not to tired to bind in the evenings.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

All fabulous quilts and interesting designs. Sounds like a busy, fun show trip. Thanks for sharing.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Dang!!! You are so productive!!! I love all of them!