Friday, August 5, 2022

Finish or NOT Friday 8.5 2022

I'm inching closer to a finish on the Mt. Rushmore Eagle quilt. I managed to finish the quilting and apply the binding to the front. This is as far as it goes for now. I volunteered to watch the Michigan Quilt of Valor booth at the AQS Grand Rapids 2022 show. The show starts on Wednesday August 17th and runs through Saturday August 20th. I thought I would take a few quilts and see if I can get the hand sewing of the binding back while the booth is slow.



pattern credit: *modified nine patches or
                            Mock Trip Around the World by Quilting Assistant
                       *Bev's Stars (Bev's take on this strippy star ruler)

setting based on this quilt (I think this was a Google search of 'Marine Corps Quilts):


I also moved my Flags for Sue quilt along to a flimsy. Once again, I opted not to use all the flag blocks that had the floral in the star zone.




2 comments:

Judy in Michigan said...

You sure have a gift for designing/changing patterns!!! Love these and I will borrow the idea from the Rushmore quilt. Thanks. Won't see you in GR but I'm sure you will have a great time.

Sheri said...

Beautiful setting for a national landmark. Love patriotic things! Lovely work.