Wednesday, August 3, 2022

WIP Wednesday 8.3.2022

I have the Mt. Rushmore Eagle on the longarm. I really wanted to change up the panto but in the end...serpentine won! Serpentine gives such a nice even coverage and doesn't use a lot of thread!

pattern credit:    *Modified nine patch or
                                Mock Trip Around the World by Quilting Assistant
                            *Bev's Stars (based on this strippy star ruler)

I'm also making progress on my Flags for Sue. Here are the parts ready to sew together. Guess what?! I still feel that the floral in the 'star zone' is too feminine a look. So, I'm going to use one in the lower right corner and use other various navy fabrics in the 'start zone'.


Here are a few on the design wall. 


pattern credit: Flags for Sue

layout credit: found on Alycia's blog here

Linking up with Susan at MidWeek Makers

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I was born and raised in SD so Mount Rushmore is very special to me. Did you visit there recently?

Joan said...

I'm from Windom MN and oddly have never seen the Rushmore area! But love the serpentine - looks like the wave in amber waves of grain! Really nice. Thanks

Bonnie said...

I'm interested in serpentine. Do you have a computerized long arm or are you hand guiding a panto? Where did you get Serpentine from. I like the idea of quick coverage too.