Monday, August 22, 2022

Design Wall Monday 8.22.2022

 I think this week will be a mixed bag of sewing projects and there will be more starts than finishes.

Last week I cut the parts for the QOV 2022 Block Drive block...floating Churn Dash. I was planning on using the blocks to decorate the booth but then my booth-mate brought a stunning panel quilt so the floating Churn Dash blocks were put away. I opted to use a few of my RWB novelties in the center since they were already cut at 4.5 inches.


Here they are on the design wall. Now the question is...do I sew them into a top or just the blocks in a pile as the UFO?

pattern credit: QOV Floating Churn Dash 2022

I also cut down the Signature blocks that I made wrong to 7.5 inch square. I'm pretty sure that I have enough signature squares for two quilts in Lynn's pattern she has requested. I also nabbed two blank blocks. I was thinking about writing something  like 'Warm wishes from attendees' (line 1) 'American Quilters Society' (line 2) 'QuiltWeek Grand Rapids 2022'(line 3). I mailed ordered more patriotic fabric so these two quilts will wait until it arrives. I'm estimating that each quilt will take 3 yards of fabric and I didn't have the appropriate fabric on inventory.


Linking up with Judy at Design Wall Monday

1 comment:

Rosec said...

Your churn dash blocks are cute. I would sash them with dark blue.