Monday, August 1, 2022

Design Wall Monday 8.1.2022

 I finished the top/bottom borders on the Mt. Rushmore eagle panel. It seems as if the eagles have over taken this quilt but I like it!


pattern credit: *Modified Nine Patch or
                            Quilting Assistant Mock Trip Around the World 
                        *Bev's Stars (Bev's take on this strippy star ruler)

setting credit (it must have been from my Google search of 'Marine Corps Quilt')



I pulled fabric for my next project. Well, I thought I would make a few more Flags for Sue blocks and it would be a quick project. I had  three that I used a floral for the 'star area' that I decided not to use in another project so I was a quarter of the way done since I had three made and wanted 12 blocks total. At least that is how my mind saw it! LOL I had found more of the floral blue at the store so I thought, 'Let's do this!' 

Flags for Sue is a block that Alycia did a block drive as a memorial for Sue after her passing in 2018.



3 comments:

Sara said...

The setting for your Mt Rushmore quilt really is eye catching. Good job!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Mt Rushmore layout turned out beautifully, Pat! I made flag blocks for Alycia's block drive back then, too - had forgotten about that. They make a great quilt!

Bonnie said...

I like how you used those blocks -- I forget the name but you showed them last week or the week before, if I remember correctly. I realized I had made a bunch of those blocks with halloween fabrics. I've now figured out what I need to do next for the Halloween quilt and they have all been stashed for the duration as I make a bigger center block. Your panel looks terrific.